Surviving a Loved One’s Eating Disorder- Facilitated by Lucy Lauer, LMHC
- Does someone you love struggle with an eating, weight, or body image?
- Are you worried about this person, but don’t know how to help?
- Do these problems affect your relationship with this person?
If so, please join us.
Topics discussed at this seminar will include:
- Signs and symptoms of disordered eating
- Feelings and reactions of loved ones
- Do’s and don’ts of healthy support
- Separating myths from facts
- Tips for setting healthy boundaries
- Open Q & A session
Date: Thursday, February 20st, 2020
Time: 6:00-8:00 pm.
Cost: $20 per individual or $30 per family. For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page.
Group Therapy Sessions:
Eating Disorder Therapy Group for Adults – Facilitated by Lucy S. Lauer, LMHC
This 8-week group employs the principles of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) to foster positive changes in your relationship with food and your body. Mindfulness, reflection, self-compassion, expressive therapies, and open discussion enable participants to:
- Manage the inevitable stresses of modern life without destructive eating patterns;
- Refocus attention and energy toward personal values that create meaning, purpose and joy; and
- Develop the competence to live the life you truly value.
Open to adults who struggle with Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, Binge Eating and related Disorders. Pre-group assessment is required to determine suitability for the group. For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page.
When: 8 Mondays starting January 13st, 2019 from 5:30-7:00 PM
Cost: $35 / Week or $125 / month
Preregistration and assessment required, Please call or text 321-327-3793 to register and schedule your pre-group assessment.
Postpartum Depression Support Group – Facilitated By Karen Drack, RMHCI
This 6 week long cognative-behavioral therapy based support group for new moms struggling with depressed mood, anxiety, low energy and difficulty coping with the demands of an infant. Discussion and information shared will address:
- Bonding with your newborn
- Sleeping issues – Mom and baby
- Communicating your needs
- Other topics relevant to group members
When: Tuesdays 6:00- 7:00, Dates; January 14th-February 18th, 2020
Cost: $25/week or $125 for all 6 weeks
Please call or text 321-327-3793 to register