Surviving a Loved One’s Eating Disorder- Facilitated by Lucy Lauer, LMHC
- Does someone you love struggle with an eating, weight, or body image?
- Are you worried about this person, but don’t know how to help?
- Do these problems affect your relationship with this person?
If so, please join us.
Topics discussed at this seminar will include:
- Signs and symptoms of disordered eating
- Feelings and reactions of loved ones
- Do’s and don’ts of healthy support
- Separating myths from facts
- Tips for setting healthy boundaries
- Open Q & A session
Date: TBA at 6:30pm. Cost: $20 per individual $30 per family For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page.
Fun Ways to Teach Your Children Social Skills — Facilitated by Elana Breiner, LMFT
This FREE seminar is for parents of children ages 5-10 who struggle with fitting in with peers or controlling their impulses.
This seminar will include:
- How to get your child’s buy-in
- Hands on activities that teach calming techniques, boundaries, emotional awareness, empathy and communication.
- Handouts to take home for future reference.
- Open Q & A.
Join us to discover how to use tools you already have at home to foster emotional and behavioral growth.
When: 6:00 PM Dates: Wednesday January 10, 2018 Cost: FREE
For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page
Ongoing Group Therapy Sessions:
Eating Disorder Therapy Group – Facilitated by Lucy S. Lauer, LMHC
This 8-week group employs the principles of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) to foster positive changes in your relationship with food and your body. Mindfulness, reflection, self-compassion, expressive therapies, and open discussion enable participants to:
- Manage the inevitable stresses of modern life without destructive eating patterns;
- Refocus attention and energy toward personal values that create meaning, purpose and joy; and
- Develop the competence to live the life you truly value.
Open to adults who struggle with Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, Binge Eating and related Disorders. Pre-group assessment is required to determine suitability for the group. For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page.
When: 8 Mondays starting April 2, 2018 @ 5:30PM
Cost: $35 per session or $125 per month
Women’s Wellness Group – Facilitated by Judy Schrader, LMHC & Gail Simon-Boyd, PhD
What does it mean to “Be Well”?
This 8-week group will help you learn how to achieve your best health as well as provide effective stress management techniques.
For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page.
When: Tuesdays January 16, 2018 – March 13, 2018 @ 6:00PM
Click for Flyer: Women’s Wellness Flyer fall pdf