Surviving a Loved One’s Eating Disorder- Facilitated by Lucy Lauer, LMHC
- Does someone you love struggle with an eating, weight, or body image?
- Are you worried about this person, but don’t know how to help?
- Do these problems affect your relationship with this person?
If so, please join us.
Topics discussed at this seminar will include:
- Signs and symptoms of disordered eating
- Feelings and reactions of loved ones
- Do’s and don’ts of healthy support
- Separating myths from facts
- Tips for setting healthy boundaries
- Open Q & A session
Date: February 22 at 6:30pm. Cost: FREE- Please bring one non-perishable food item for donation to our local food bank. For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page.
Fun Ways to Teach Your Children Social Skills — Facilitated by Elana Breiner, LMFT
This FREE seminar is for parents of children ages 5-10 who struggle with fitting in with peers or controlling their impulses.
This seminar will include:
- How to get your child’s buy-in
- Hands on activities that teach calming techniques, boundaries, emotional awareness, empathy and communication.
- Handouts to take home for future reference.
- Open Q & A.
Join us to discover how to use tools you already have at home to foster emotional and behavioral growth.
When: 6:00 PM Dates: Wednesday January 10, 2018 Cost: FREE
For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page
Effective Approaches to dealing with loved ones struggling with substance use disorders – Facilitated by Dr. Patrick Aragon
Come learn effective methods to break the cycle of condemnation, and empower yourself to assist someone close to you dealing with substance abuse difficulties.
Seminar will include:
- Education on “drug of choice”
- Managing the Enabling vs. Empowering debate
- How to remain empathetic in the face of failed attempt after failed attempt
- Relapse prevention, red flags, and early intervention
- Open Q & A
Date: TBA Cost: FREE. For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page
Ongoing Group Therapy Sessions:
Eating Disorder Therapy Group – Facilitated by Lucy S. Lauer, LMHC
This 8-week group employs the principles of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) to foster positive changes in your relationship with food and your body. Mindfulness, reflection, self-compassion, expressive therapies, and open discussion enable participants to:
- Manage the inevitable stresses of modern life without destructive eating patterns;
- Refocus attention and energy toward personal values that create meaning, purpose and joy; and
- Develop the competence to live the life you truly value.
Open to adults who struggle with Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, Binge Eating and related Disorders. Pre-group assessment is required to determine suitability for the group. For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page.
When: Mondays January 15, 2018 – March 12, 2018 @ 5:30PM
Cost: $35 per session or $125 per month
Women’s Wellness Group – Facilitated by Judy Schrader, LMHC & Gail Simon-Boyd, PhD
What does it mean to “Be Well”?
This 8-week group will help you learn how to achieve your best health as well as provide effective stress management techniques.
For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page.
When: Tuesdays January 16, 2018 – March 13, 2018 @ 6:00PM
Click for Flyer: Women’s Wellness Flyer fall pdf