Surviving a Loved One’s Eating Disorder- Facilitated by Lucy Lauer, LMHC
- Does someone you love struggle with an eating, weight, or body image?
- Are you worried about this person, but don’t know how to help?
- Do these problems affect your relationship with this person?
If so, please join us.
Topics discussed at this seminar will include:
- Signs and symptoms of disordered eating
- Feelings and reactions of loved ones
- Do’s and don’ts of healthy support
- Separating myths from facts
- Tips for setting healthy boundaries
- Open Q & A session
Date: November 9 at 6:30pm. Cost: FREE- Please bring one non-perishable food item for donation to our local food bank. For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page.
Parenting Techniques for Eliminating Child Tantrums, Noncompliance & Fighting – Facilitated by Elana Breiner, LMFT
Does your child have temper tantrums, noncompliance, or sibling fights? If so, please join us to discover confidence in disciplining so as to allow more time and energy for enjoying your children.
Seminar will include: How to use the 1-2-3 Magic discipline method created by Dr. Thomas W. Phelan, in-depth discussion of limit-setting, impulse,-control, and reinforcement strategies ,handouts to take home for future reference, and an open Q&A session. Date: TBA Cost: FREE. For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page.
Effective Approaches to dealing with loved ones struggling with substance use disorders – Facilitated by Dr. Patrick Aragon
Come learn effective methods to break the cycle of condemnation, and empower yourself to assist someone close to you dealing with substance abuse difficulties.
Seminar will include:
- Education on “drug of choice”
- Managing the Enabling vs. Empowering debate
- How to remain empathetic in the face of failed attempt after failed attempt
- Relapse prevention, red flags, and early intervention
- Open Q & A
Date: TBA Cost: FREE. For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page
Ongoing Group Therapy Sessions:
Eating Disorder Therapy Group – Facilitated by Lucy S. Lauer, LMHC
This 8-week group employs the principles of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) to foster positive changes in your relationship with food and your body. Mindfulness, reflection, self-compassion, expressive therapies, and open discussion enable participants to:
- Manage the inevitable stresses of modern life without destructive eating patterns;
- Refocus attention and energy toward personal values that create meaning, purpose and joy; and
- Develop the competence to live the life you truly value.
Open to adults who struggle with Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, Binge Eating and related Disorders. Pre-group assessment is required to determine suitability for the group. For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page.
When: Mondays October 9, 2017 – November 27, 2017 @ 5:30PM
Women’s Wellness Group – Facilitated by Judy Schrader, LMHC & Gail Simon-Boyd, PhD
What does it mean to “Be Well”?
This 8-week group will help you learn how to achieve your best health as well as provide effective stress management techniques.
For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page.
When: Tuesdays October 24, 2017 – December 12, 2017 @ 6:00PM
Click for Flyer: Women’s Wellness Flyer fall pdf