Surviving a Loved One’s Eating Disorder- Facilitated by Lucy Lauer, LMHC
- Does someone you love struggle with an eating, weight, or body image?
- Are you worried about this person, but don’t know how to help?
- Do these problems affect your relationship with this person?
If so, please join us.
Topics discussed at this seminar will include:
- Signs and symptoms of disordered eating
- Feelings and reactions of loved ones
- Do’s and don’ts of healthy support
- Separating myths from facts
- Tips for setting healthy boundaries
- Open Q & A session
Date: Thursday, November 8, 2018
Time: 6:30-8:00 pm.
Cost: $20 per individual or $30 per family For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page.
Ongoing Group Therapy Sessions:
Social Skills Group for Adolescents – Facilitated by Rachel Russell, Psy.D.
Adolescents with ASD and other social challenges can benefit tremendously from learning social skills in a group setting. This 7 week course will include the following:
- Ways to make and keep appropriate friends
- How to enter and exit conversations
- How to change a bad reputation
- How to handle conflict
- Weekly socialization homework
- Parent resources are also provided
Call today to schedule a free phone consultation to determine if this group is a good fit. 321-327-3793
Date: Please call for specific dates
Time: 5:00-6:00 pm
Cost: $75 pre group assessment/$55 per group
Eating Disorder Therapy Group – Facilitated by Lucy S. Lauer, LMHC
This 8-week group employs the principles of ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) to foster positive changes in your relationship with food and your body. Mindfulness, reflection, self-compassion, expressive therapies, and open discussion enable participants to:
- Manage the inevitable stresses of modern life without destructive eating patterns;
- Refocus attention and energy toward personal values that create meaning, purpose and joy; and
- Develop the competence to live the life you truly value.
Open to adults who struggle with Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, Binge Eating and related Disorders. Pre-group assessment is required to determine suitability for the group. For more details, or to register, call 321-327-3793 or email us via our Contact Page.
When: 8 Mondays starting September 24, 2018 from 5:30-7:00 PM
Cost: $35 per session or $125 per month
Please RSVP (pre-group assessment required): 321-327-3793